“This can’t be happening to me. God, I’ve always done what I was supposed to do.” How many times have we caught ourselves praying that very prayer? Godly living, especially in the face of intense persecution, requires great endurance. At all times, even more so in times of suffering, believers are called to help, encourage, and strengthen each other.
While God has never promised us an easy life, He does promise us over and over again throughout Scripture that He will never leave us, no matter the circumstance. So, in the middle of that dark circumstance, He is standing right beside us. He also promised us grace and freedom over sin, we are actually made holy because of His sacrifice (Hebrews 9:26-28). Being free from the power of sin and death, we are able, by grace, to live out that holiness in our day-to-day lives.
Walk of Faith
- Understand that Jesus has destroyed the power of death and released you from the terrible bondage of the fear of death. In faith, take hold of freedom.
- Go to Jesus when you are tempted. Be strengthened and comforted, knowing that He understands being tempted and is able to help you. Welcome the conviction of the Holy Spirit through God’s Word. Understand that conviction of sin is an expression of God’s mercy. It leads to forgiveness, which leads to freedom.
- Come boldly to God’s throne of grace. Speak freely with Him. Believe that Jesus understands and is there for you.
- Worship Jesus, praising God and thanking Him for all He has done. He is the perfect reflection of God’s glory—the image of His Person.
- Seek to mature in faith. Study the Bible so you can understand and live it in your everyday life. Meditate on the verses. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus to you. Boldly enter the very presence of God. Understand that Jesus, is the living Way through whom you can draw near to God without hesitation. You are welcome in His presence.
The walk of faith is a glorious process of becoming increasingly free in Christ. By faith in Jesus’ resurrection, we become free from the fear of death. Through faith in Jesus as our High Priest, we know that we have One who understands our temptations and can help us as we become free from sin. By faith in Jesus’ holiness in our lives, we can be free to boldly enter God’s presence without hesitation. Continue to put your faith in Jesus daily.
Look at nothing but Jesus, the One who began and will complete your faith. Embrace God’s training through discipline. Know that it produces peace and righteousness. As with Moses, we all go through seasons where we need to have people come alongside us and hold our arms up when we are weak. Then throughout Hebrews we are beautifully reminded that no matter how alone we feel God is always there. Put your faith in Jesus, knowing He will be right there with you “yesterday, today, and forever.”
Want to know more about the Spirit-Filled Life Bible? Check out this video.